Sunday, May 23, 2010

Visiting my CSA farm

Yesterday I went on a tour of Dillner Family Farm, where I am getting my CSA from.  It was a great experience, and definitely worth the drive through a monsoon to get there!  The Dillner family farms 122 acres surrounding their house, and they do it all just with help from family.  I was really impressed that just a few people could do so much work on so much land.  It was also really neat to learn a little about their farming techniques, such as using high wind tunnels to extend the growing season.  They also use ladybugs for pest management, and bumblebees to pollinate the crops.  The Dillner family seemed like a very content, hard-working, caring, happy group.  I'm glad to know my food will be coming from such a nice place!

No comments:

Post a Comment